Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Sunglasses Dossier: The Guise Archives

Ah, sunglasses, oh how I need you in this harsh Cali sunlight...

Two weeks ago, I joined Heather, of The Style Confessions, and her husband Hugo on an excursion to The Guise Archives on Melrose and Hayworth (west of Fairfax).
Upon entering the shop, I was dazzled by the wall of beautifully displayed sunglasses, both vintage and new.
Eye candy, in every sense of the phrase.
I was drawn to this style, the Elizabeth and James "Rhoda" frames:
Which one... pearl white?
...or classic black?
(photo by Heather)
Ah, it was SO much easier when I wore contacts.
Now, getting sunglasses is a major investment -- what with my astigmatism, myopia, presbyopia, need for glass vs plastic AND no insurance, the prescription alone is $300.
Sigh.

THE GUISE ARCHIVES
7928 MELROSE AVE, LA, CA  90046
(323) 782-1093
Thanks to Sasha and The Guise crew, who hosted us.

Heather wrote a great post too, read it here.