Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Live Sketching the #OSCARS

Here they are -- the gowns I captured while watching the OSCAR telecast on ABC --
both from the red carpet and from the stage of the Dolby Theater. [Extra long post with lots of images]
First, an overview:
Jessica Chastain in Armani
Robin Roberts in Marc Bouwer
Amy Adams in Oscar de la Renta
Amanda Seyfried in Alexander McQueen
Naomi Watts in Armani
Jennifer Aniston in Valentino
Kristin Chenoweth in Tony Ward
Anne Hathaway in Prada
Quvenzhane Wallis in Armani Junior
Nicole Kidman in L'Wren Scott
Halle Berry in Versace
Octavia Spencer in Tadashi Shoji
Jennifer Hudson
Jane Fonda in Versace
Charlize Theron in Dior
Jennifer Lawrence in Dior
Shirley Bassey
Field Notes:
• My grey marker ran out of juice about 1/2 way through the telecast, so Shirley has no color yet.
• I didn't see the bottom of Jennifer Lawrence's gown until the very end when she got her award, and I was a bit confused on the design details, so her back skirt ended up on the front. Oops! 
• I was unable to find the designers of the performance gowns of Jennifer Hudson and Shirley Bassey -- please leave me a comment if you know!

I'm thinking of offering prints of these for sale on Society 6 -- $15 for an 8x6" sound good?

Did you have a favorite gown from the OSCARS?