Sunday, June 16, 2013

VOGOFF Hits the Digital Newstand!

CREATED/ LINKS/ PURCHASED/ PRESS/
Melanie, of Bag and Beret, is the force behind a zany spoof on fashion magazines called VOGOFF.
She put out a call for submissions in April, which you really need to read -- so hysterical!

Here is my VOGOFF spread:
[image © Melanie Kobayashi 2013] 
I was working out my inner Nagel. I love how Melanie dropped me amidst the pansies.
[Side note: the landlady DREAMS that our lawn looks like that!]

Here are some more photos from my session, which was done with the camera placed high on a ladder set on a ten second delay self-timer. EXTREME pain resulted from the multiple times I ran back and forth from the camera to the set.
Oh, how I suffer for you!
I did lots of Fashion Victim poses
Close, but realized that I need my 80s sunglasses
Nothing like a good hand selfie
This one made the cut.
As did this. That rose is from my garden and I probably turned it into jam.
Here are my notes-to-self I typed here in a draft before I did my thing in the back yard. My photo shoot didn't quite go this way, but it makes for a fun fashion poem:

Me, the back yard, covered with the guest quilt, which will be PSed with all the +40 sketches
or printouts?
leopard pillows?
naked?
reading VOGOFF w/Mel's sketch?

victim of the 80s
fashion sketches from OTIS
spewed about back yard 

That last bit is almost a hiaku!
Let's make it a proper one (3 lines/ 5-7-5 syllables):

Victim of eighties
Crinoline and school sketches
Spewed about back yard

Thank you Melanie, for inspiring me to go even crazier than usual!
Joining up with Patti's Visible Monday -- click on over and join the party!

*disclosure note: I used Aloxxi Flexible Hairspray to get my 80s inspired updo, gifted at a LuckyFABB event. Everything else I purchased in the 80s and 90s, except for the currently available Cover Girl #305 Hot Passion lipstick. I'm still trying to remember where I got that crinoline...

Details:
Black nylon/spandex bubble knit tube dress -- Trash and Vaudeville, NYC 80s
Pink petticoat -- Cowboys and Poodles on Melrose, LA? Screaming Mimi's, NYC? 80s
Red/black stripe cotton/spandex leggings -- Betsey Johnson 79(?)
Booties -- Norma Kamali 85
African bracelets + necklaces -- Jone Pasha, Providence RI, 80s
Jumbo Chain necklace -- Patucci, The Front Porch, Providence RI, 80s
Sunglasses -- vintage from optician Providence, RI 80s
Gingham yardage -- Guess sample yardage sale, 86