Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sonic Sunday: Mary Foster Conklin

PURCHASED/ GIFTED/ LINKS/
Meet Ms Mary Foster Conklin:

Isn't she divine?
A voice like velvet, that one.

I saw her perform on a very wet Saturday night with Mark Winkler at Vitello's in Studio City.
Mary hails from NYC, and it was a treat to see her on the left coast.
You New Yorkers -- be sure to get on Mary's email list so you can catch her next gig.
She has CDs/digital downloads available for the rest of us.

She graduated a year after me from Emma Willard (our high school).
Her transformation into a stellar chanteuse was forged through tough life transitions.
I'm so happy that we've reconnected.
this photo by Severo
Mary wanted me to tell you that she's wearing a $20 Norma Kamali for Walmart dress.
Mary is one of my angels. She quickly knit up two chemo caps for me when I needed them back in 2010.

Here's what I wore for the gig:
Glamour closeup for Style Crone's Hat Attack:
My dupatta (indian scarf) is secondhand from Sahara Vintage Boutique, in Artesia.
All items sold there have been donated and a percent of the proceeds benefit the Sahara organization,
which helps battered women in the SoCal South Asian community
Linking up all over the internet, because I'm that kind of gal.
Bella's Secondhandfirst
Sacramento's Share in Style [Music]
Style Crone's Hat Attack